- MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- CONTACT US
- ABOUT SPEECH
|Available Monday Thru Friday with flexible hours for your convenience|
|Click to view service area|
Social and Pragmatic Delays
What is a social pragmatic language disorder?
Children with social pragmatic difficulties demonstrate deficits in social and/or cognitive functioning.
Is my child showing signs of a social pragmatic language disorder?
Children with social pragmatic deficits have significant difficulties in their ability to effectively communicate and problem solve.
Some early signs and symptoms of a social pragmatic language disorder include:
- Lack of eye contact.
- Poor body awareness.
- Lack of social motivation and want to interact with peers.
- Difficulty turn-taking.
- Difficulty with symbolic play and parallel play.
- Difficulty with transitioning between activities, play dates and school.
- Difficulty in social environments and with daily social experiences, such as hair salons, supermarkets, restaurants and playgrounds.
- Exhibits rigid behavior and play.